As Colorado’s oldest (most experienced) CDOT pre-qualified Contractor in business since 1924, Lawrence Construction Company has been a pioneer in heavy highway and bridge-construction for over eight decades. By applying consistent management and quality service principles on each project, Lawrence Construction Company can boast the ability to complete jobs safely, on time, and within budget.
Family-owned and operated by fourth generation Rick and Bill Lawrence, the company continues to uphold its reputation in heavy civil construction by “Doing it Right the First Time.” Lawrence Construction Company represents good value in the construction industry by maintaining high standards in safety, quality workmanship, construction management and innovation.
Headquartered in Littleton, Colorado, Lawrence Construction Company operates on a lean and experienced team of management, employees and crews who take pride in quality workmanship. CEO and president, Rick Lawrence, began his professional engineering career in 1984 with a degree in civil engineering from Colorado State University. Managing the company full time since 1995, Rick is dedicated to applying his hands-on construction and engineering experience both in the field and while partnering with design firms to ensure quality construction outcomes. Rick has successfully pioneered fast-track and design-build technologies that have been well-received in the construction industry. Ensuring high-end construction without sacrificing workmanship or best management practices has contributed to Lawrence Construction Company’s “best value” reputation in Colorado. Examples of recently completed project that have earned distinction in the industry include:
- 2008 National Design-Build Award – Transportation under $50 Million: I-70 / E-470 Fly-By Interchange Complex, located in Aurora, CO
- 2008 Precast/Pre-stressed Concrete Institute – Design Award, Excellence in Architectural & Engineering for the Richmond Hill Bridge, US 285 located in Conifer, CO
In addition, Lawrence Construction Company’s commitment to safety and environmental stewardship are based on core principles including corporate commitment, pollution prevention & compliance assurance, measurable results & continuous improvement, accountability structures, and enabling systems that help the company achieve its Colorado Stormwater Excellence standard on an annual basis.
Consistent management principles reinforced by example are family values the Lawrence team is committed to exemplify both in the field and in business. As an example, vice president, Bill Lawrence’s unparalleled commitment to best management practices continues to be a driving force in the company’s success. With a degree in construction management from Colorado State University and years of experience in the field, Bill has successfully managed to utilize the company’s capabilities and place its resources strategically in an ever-changing construction market. Both his and Rick’s hands-on experience as a laborers, superintendents and project engineers for Lawrence Construction Company continue to give crews and owners accessibility to executive management when needed in the field. As vice president of construction operations, Bill is committed to keeping Lawrence Construction Company on the competitive edge and under his leadership, Lawrence Construction Company was recently recognized by Freeport McMoRan Copper & Gold for its exemplary MSHA safety record and commitment to project management excellence while under contract at FMI’s Bagdad, Arizona, mining operations. Establishing solid relationships in a value-driven market is just one way Lawrence Construction Company intends to stay ahead of its competition.
Lawrence Construction Company’s competitive edge can only be reinforced by its commitment to quality outcomes. Recently completed projects recognized by the industry include:
- 2008 APWA Project Management Award: Austin Bluffs / Union Blvd. Interchange – Awarded APWA Streets & Traffic Engineering / Operations / Maintenance as nominated by the City of Colorado Springs and PPRTA for achievements including the design of a new configuration known as a “single-point diamond interchange” using Context Sensitive Solutions to meet community requirements.
- 2008 APWA Drainage and Flood Control Award: S. Platte River (“Globeville”) Phase 3 Construction – Nominated by the City and County of Denver Public Works Department for major achievements including state of the art water resource engineering along 2.5 miles of the South Platte River channel, innovative bridge design, and cooperation with multiple stakeholders.
- 2008 APWA Engineering / Construction Management Award: Cimarron Bridge Replacement, City of Colorado Springs and PPRTA funded. Nominated for achievements including innovation, cooperation and fast-track construction to produce a gateway bridge hailed as a “poster child” by the Pikes Peak Rural Transportation Authority (PPRTA).
In addition to the quality heavy civil construction services Lawrence Construction Company self-performs as a general contractor, the company has enjoyed an outstanding safety record working with U.S. Railroad companies (BNSF, UPRR, and others) for half a century and counting.